Monday, August 25, 2008

My wife is not only beautiful, she is also a really great writer. Here is what she wrote (in no time) to place on her dinner-party invitations.

INTRODUCING …

… the spa junkie who loves a bit of adventure.

If it goes fast, free-falls,

makes my adrenaline pump,

or takes me somewhere new,

I love it.

A great surprise is no exception.

If I could bathe in the richness of purple

I would.

In my dream life, I'd be everything I am today

plus a fashion icon –

who spoke fluent Spanish.

Hey, it’s my dream.

What I can't say with words,

I write brilliantly on paper.

Great food (especially Mexican),

kitchen gadgets,

pre-‘96 hip-hop and Latin jazz,

make me giddy beyond imagination.

Three reasons I love August:

My birthday, my anniversary and football!

I don't have many friends, but the ones I have,

have my loyalty.

My husband is my BEST friend,

my children are exceptional

and my God is

indescribable.

I am Ebony.



Happy Birthday Love, I love you.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Actual Joey Himself said...

Thats the coolest poem I have read in a while.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Crystal Malek said...

Nice writing skills! She sounds sweet, hilarious and genuine. Amazing qualities in a friend, wife and momma. What a blessing. Happy Birthday, from another woman who loves August for football season! Go Pack, (and also Jets since we love Favre!)

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home