Tuesday, October 09, 2007


So, I went and did a benefit show for the Conejo Valley Women Research Center. The event was at the Four Seasons Hotel in Westlake Village, CA. I get there thinking, you know, make some people laugh, eat some food, raise some money. This would have been cool enough, but Something told me to look to do more. And then I got an idea to have them auction off a signed copy of one of my books. So, I did my comedy set and at the end, I showed them the book and told a cliff hanger version of the story it tells. Then, the auctioneer stepped up and the bidding started like "BANG"! That one single book went for $1200.00! ... NICE! And to think, I sell them on my web page for just $15.99. He could have saved $1184.01, but instead he decided to save the lives of some people he's never even met.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home